Wildwood : Lethargy and Rest

Today the Wildwood reminds us that lethargy is sometimes good and sometimes it’s not.

LethargySo, today we have the boredom card come out and join us. I’m not bored today but I am under the weather, lethargic and struggling to do things today, including sitting up or changing the baby.

I am having to rely on my support structure in the form of the husband, for things that are usually taken for granted, the basic stuff like getting the kids dressed, fed, out to school, the baby dressed and fed, her bottles washed, cleaned and made up.

It’s not that I am bored, but I am certainly not wanting to move very far or very often today. So today, I’ll be copying this lady today by sitting down and not moving too much, if I can help it. It’s more a case of rest that is needed than being bored, though because I can’t move very far, I probably will be somewhat bored!

What does this card say to you today though? The Universe responds favourably to decisive, forward movement. Boredom causes issues and if you’re going to sit on your rump, you might find nature throws a whole bunch of opportunities your way.

So today, if you are bored or a little lethargic, perhaps you need to be so that the new opportunities can come your way. So sometimes, it is good to suffer lethargy, if only for a little while! Especially if you’re ill.

I’d also love it if you shared this post through Social Media – I like sharing!

Deck used is the Wildwood Tarot by John Matthews and (c) Will Worthington

Comments

1. Beverly Monical June 19, 2013 at 14:22

I do believe it is important to rest. So many have such busy lives and if we don’t take time to take care of ourselves, who will? Since I have been sick I have had to make the decision to take better care of myself. Thanks for sharing.

2. Jennifer Sanders June 19, 2013 at 14:37

Hello Louise,

Sorry to hear you are under the weather, but this card is important as rest is essential for healing to happen. Taking a slower pace can be boring, unless you appreciate each moment and the energy that you are in right then. Every month there are slower times and more active times and each have a place. When we slow down we can reflect really well. So hopefully your card will explain to people that if they are feeling a bit bored then maybe they aren’t make good use of the reflection time they have 🙂

Love Jennyx

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 17:10

Oh, that’s a great take too Jenny, thank you!
      And paracetamol is doing well by me today. Food will help too! 🙂

3. Catherine Green June 19, 2013 at 14:39

Well, this one certainly fits my mood at the moment! Today I don’t feel lethargic specifically, but I am having to adapt my working habits in order to rest my heavily pregnant body. I realise now is the time to wind down before the birth of my baby, and take some time out when my daughter is in pre-school, so I can better prepare for the next phase of motherhood. Thanks for sharing!

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 17:13

As Jenny said above Catherine, take the time to reflect. You know yourself (as this is your second time out into motherhood) you’ll never get this time back. Enjoy the downtime: you know what’s coming honey 🙂

4. Mary Koster June 19, 2013 at 14:51

This one definitely fits my body today.. I’m tired. Exhausted..and need rest. My foster puppy gets adopted tonight so I’m looking forward to uninterrupted sleep, perhaps, for the time in over 6 weeks. Well worth it to help this baby, but that rest card is looking pretty good right now!

5. Jakeb Arturio Braden June 19, 2013 at 16:25

boredom is a funny state to be in and its about how you may utelise that quiet time, I guess my sense is that people can fear boredom as its quiet time to go inside and take a look at what may need working on?

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 20:20

People can fear boredom: as another poster has said: we should appreciate the quiet times and as I’m recovering from some bug, I am valuing the “down time” 🙂
      And facing the demons inside? That’s can be a very fearful thing!

• Jakeb Arturio Braden June 20, 2013 at 15:43

indeed all I seem to be doing these past years is facing demons 🙂

• Louise June 20, 2013 at 16:06

Sometimes, we need to release our demons to move forward! 🙂
          Good luck, Jakeb 😉

6. Kama June 19, 2013 at 16:33

We live in a society that seems to moving at full speed constantly. It sometimes feels as though we are not allowed to just rest. This card reminds me that it is ok for me to have a day which is just for me. I hope you feel energised soon 🙂

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 17:14

Yes, certainly a day of rest and emotional disconnection for a time 🙂

7. Judy Stone-Goldman June 19, 2013 at 16:43

I love that there is a boredom card! Don’t know why, but I guess I want that state to be acknowledged as real and sometimes necessary. I’m not in that state today but have experienced it of late (happily, today seems to be some of the energy that comes after the boredom card). Interestingly, it is a time of great reflection, so perhaps that’s the connection, but I experience reflection as much more active, engaged, and deeper than boredom. Reflection is, for me, both energetic and reflective.

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 17:16

Yes Judy reflection. Kama also observed that we are all at full speed most of the time. Reflection, especially emotionally, is necessary.
      Thanks for stopping by fabulous one!!

8. Stephanie Foley June 19, 2013 at 17:31

Uninspired! That is what this card screams to me! I remember as a kid, I often had to get really bored before I’d come up with the most innovative ways to occupy myself…maybe boredom is just a gestation period!

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 20:17

Hi Stephanie!! Uninspired is another good word for this card – thank you for that insight and thought lovely 🙂

9. Vicki Dello Joio June 19, 2013 at 19:09

For me boredom often occurs when there is something I am resisting. I love your suggestion to rest, because when I let myself truly rest (as opposed to try to tune out or “occupy myself”) I can listen more deeply. Of course, when I am in resistance, that gets a little harder.

• Louise June 19, 2013 at 20:23

Resistance is futile though, Vicki! I’m trying to resist some stupid bug so occupying myself is rather a large amount of effort today!

10. Laurie Hurley June 19, 2013 at 23:30

Ok, so today I am anything but bored! Or lethargic! Networked at 7 a.m. went shopping with my interior designer for a new look for my office and am getting ready to do a tweetchat, then write another blog and my newsletter. So, I can’t relate to this card today. But, I hope you get some rest and relaxation and find something stimulating. I think you will – my intuition is telling me that!

• Louise June 20, 2013 at 13:09

You must’ve had your “boredom” moment on another day, Laurie, which is why you’re not relating to this card today! But as someone else has said: sometimes, we need to stand still to let the universe / Divine catch up with us emotionally and mentally. And yes, I got some good rest and relaxation these last two nights, thank you 🙂

11. Suzie Cheel June 19, 2013 at 23:33

Yes rest is so important for healing and general wellbeing. Love it when our reading are in sync with our bodies- i use Angel cards and today i I got Bethany- take care of self so I am going to treat myself to a relaxing bath

• Louise June 20, 2013 at 13:10

I was expecting the Four of Arrows to come out, not the Four of Vessels, but the standing still and letting inspiration come is a good thing to remember! 🙂

12. Jenny June 20, 2013 at 03:02

This resonated with me. I am feeling a little tired and was about to beat myself up about not doing work tonight and “losing momentum” but then I took a step back and realized if I don’t rest now, then lethargic is what I will turn into! So I took the time to just unwind and I think tomorrow I will be grateful for it! 🙂

• Louise June 20, 2013 at 13:12

Oh, don’t beat yourself up Jenny! If you’re like me, you’re bound to have lots of family and friends who can do it for you, for free!! 🙂 Hope you enjoyed your unwind time 🙂

13. Jen Duchene June 20, 2013 at 06:08

Love the boredom lady. Glad you picked it today since it sounds like you need a reminder to be still. To engage in the place where nothing is required of you but to be. I think of the boredom card as more of a landscape of escape. A place to go so you dont need to entertain or be entertained. I myself enjoy some boredom when it is time to shift and do what needs doing or the stillness before change.

• Louise June 20, 2013 at 13:14

Hey Jen! Yes, sometimes I need a 2×4 (or a Gibbs slap) to the back of the head to be reminded to slow the heck down some days! I think it’s Amy MacDonald who sings about not liking red traffic lights… I have to agree with her 🙂

14. Zanna Starr September 15, 2013 at 15:43

A nice reminder to use feelings of boredom in a positive way!

• Louise September 15, 2013 at 17:41