Week Ahead : Control the Overzealous Nature Within

Sir Kay joins us this week and reminds us that being overzealous can have its problems!

Sir Kay is another character in these legends that I am aware of, but totally unsure of how he fits into the legends. I recall the cartoon movie version of Arthur, The Sword in the Stone (IMDB says 1963?!) where Kay treats the fostered Arthur like a slave, rather than a little brother. Being the mother of two boys, that is sometimes how they interact, but it never lasts for long!

Sir Kay
Sir Kay

So, what traits does Sir Kay have to share with us this coming week? For one, he was the seneschal (steward) of the Arthurian court, so it was his job to ensure things were as they were wanted by Arthur and Queen Guinevere. That would account for him being known as over-zealous but also because of this, his trait (which is what I remember from the movie) of being meddlesome, fits. He would have had his fingers in all the pies, it was not what was known, but who knew it and Sir Kay would have been the man to know: he would have been one of the connecting characters of the inner workings of Camelot.

Sir Kay could almost be called the Intranet of Camelot, for being the steward, that was his role. For this, he would have been highly organised and expected the same of others, which probably attributes to the overzealous nature of him that I can vividly recall.

So, what does that bode for us this week? Sir Kay would have listened far more than he talked I suspect: It’s amazing what we learn when we pin our two ears back and not speak for a time. He would have been very dedicated, so there’s another positive trait. He is probably very wise with how humans interact, their foibles, strengths and their behaviour. He would have made a good counsellor I feel. If you were lucky enough to be called a friend by Kay, he would have been fiercely loyal. However, his downside (if you can call it that?) was that he was seen as being overzealous. To this week, perhaps reign in the enthusiasm and see what happens without it being in control of you. Sir Kay must have been quite good at hiding that aspect of himself!

Please feel free to share this post throughout your social media groups! I love sharing these blog posts for free and if you would like to book your private reading with me, you can do so here.

Deck used was the Camelot Oracle by John Matthews, illustrated (c) by Will Worthington.

Comments

1. gagan July 10, 2013 at 16:41

Thanks for reminding us.:)

• Louise July 10, 2013 at 20:42

You’re welcome! 🙂

2. Laura July 10, 2013 at 17:04

Spot on! I’m not very exuberant this week (although I usually am.. this week I seem to be tired) but I like the idea of listening and being a good counselor. I like Sir Kay!

• Louise July 10, 2013 at 20:43

Yes, he does have many skills and listening and counselling do go hand in hand! Thanks for stopping by, Laura! Will find your blog on the list and go visit soon!

3. Jenny July 10, 2013 at 18:56

I can feel that energy around. For me, it’s like a desire to release control of being organized but a nervousness of becoming scattered as a result. 🙂

• Louise July 10, 2013 at 20:44

Yeah, it’s a balance isn’t it? More often than not, we get it wrong but it should not stop us from trying! 🙂

4. Suzie Cheel July 10, 2013 at 20:32

Must be the message of the week- my inner guidance this week has been asking me to be still and listen , thanks

• Louise July 10, 2013 at 20:45

I find it necessary too, Suzie, but I’m afraid Sir Kay and I will have to disagree this week: There’s so much to do and very little time in which to do it 🙂

My father’s 60th is soon and I need to finish (actually, START!) making his birthday cards 🙂

5. Sandra July 10, 2013 at 23:01

It’s certainly a good idea to challenge ourselves to reign in overzealousness in favour of listening. This can be applied online as well, just as we all have 2 ears and 1 mouth… we all have 2 eyes and 1 keyboard!

• Louise July 11, 2013 at 09:51

The only problem with the Internet, is that while we have 2 eyes and 1 keyboard, 2 hands operate that 1 keyboard!! *lol*

But certainly taking the time, breathing and engaging the old grey matter helps 🙂

I too wish some would remember that there are two eyes and one keyboard – you’re not alone there!

6. Joanne Sprott July 11, 2013 at 00:46

A good reminder, although I do have a major book indexing deadline. Yep, didn’t like Kay much from my Disney movie experience; he seemed such a bully and oaf, but I think other sources treat him differently, as you’ve pointed out. I shall stop, then, now, and take a break from this project until tomorrow.

• Louise July 12, 2013 at 20:49

Yeah, Disney wasn’t kind to our Sir Kay, were they? I hope you get your project done in time Joanne!
      I am loving this oracle deck, and there’s so much more to come!!

7. Linda July 12, 2013 at 21:27

While I’m not familiar with Sir Key, I like the message of listening more than you speak. This is a lesson I’ve had to learn especially with my husband. I think I know him so well that I don’t need to hear everything he is going to say before I pipe in with my answer. LOL!

• Louise July 12, 2013 at 21:46

Oh, that’s entering dangerous territory I feel Linda! Be careful there lovely 🙂

Commented again on your blog, wonder what happened to the original one? Oh well, commented anyway 🙂

Have a good weekend and remember, we have 2 ears and one mouth, 2 hands and 1 keyboard. All for good reasons 🙂

Have a good one!!

8. Louise Edington July 13, 2013 at 00:56

Aww do I have to reign it in? LOL. Joking, I am actually trying to do that very thing as I’m a little hyper this week.

• Louise July 13, 2013 at 15:35

*LOL* Trust you to say that Lou!! 🙂
      Well, it *might* help, especially with Mercury Rx… but you KNOW all about *that*, don’t you?? 🙂