This week’s Tarot card reading comes from the Stones suit of The Wildwood Tarot, with the keyword of “skills”. Combined with the context of “What we can Change”, we’re entering into an interesting time!

Card of the Day
Eight of Stones ~ Skill

The Eight of Stones is often about taking stock, developing and honing our skills. As the image depicts, it shows someone who has isolated themselves to craft items of use from oil lamps and arrow heads to bowls and other tools.

The trick for the reminder of this week (as Scorpio’s influence hits us on three sides from Saturn, Venus and the Moon) as we dig deep and find the skills within. This could be a time to start a new project for the winter (patchwork quilt, anyone?) that calls on new skills, or further stretches the skills we already have.

This time of year is also quite popular for Tarot Readings, as a lot of people finally give time to themselves and start to change things that haven’t been working so well so far this year. With only five months of the year left, the nights drawing in, the time for frolicking outside in the warm evening air departs. Summer is still with us, but the heat has gone, we’re on simmer (or the back burner).

What you can change
What you can change

It’s homework time! What skills do you need to brush up and improve upon? What new skills would you like to learn or investigate on learning this coming winter? Now is the time to start planning, investigating and ordering the books for reference that you’ll need. The other thing you’ll need is practice! Keep at it, even if at times, you don’t feel like it’s going anywhere. You won’t be sewing garments like a professional seamstress at the start, but if you keep practising and trying, improving with each stage, you’ll be there soon enough. Like Tarot reading, all and any practice makes perfect!

I’d love it very much if you shared my blog entries. I love sharing!

Deck used was the Wildwood Tarot, illustrated by Will Worthington, deck by Mark Ryan and John Matthews. Context card is from Tierney’s Saddler’s Deck of 1000 Spreads.
Wildwood : Skills to Change
Tagged on:

Louise

Author and creator of Priestess Tarot.

27 thoughts on “Wildwood : Skills to Change

• September 11, 2013 at 14:28

Hah! Love it! I was planning to write about the 8 Pentacles/Stones today, too! Love the synchronicity πŸ™‚ I <3 Wildwood.

• September 11, 2013 at 14:37

What great synchronicity, Olivia! Look forward to reading your interpretation of this card today when it’s posted! πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2013 at 15:10

Okay it is now up! Let me know if you can’t find it for some reason πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2013 at 22:15

Got it but can’t comment on your blog? But yes, the learning journey never stops, especially with the 8 of Pentacles coming out to play πŸ™‚

• September 12, 2013 at 01:06

Oh no! I will have to check about the comments setting! πŸ™‚

• September 12, 2013 at 01:10

Ok…I think I fixed the comments…!

• September 12, 2013 at 07:11

I’ll look later, let you know πŸ™‚

• September 12, 2013 at 22:34

Yep, managed to comment now and I’ve added you to my Tarot Blog Roll πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2013 at 16:11

This is, indeed, a week of taking stock for me. My reflections are more inward about who I am as a person, but that sets the stage for examining what I will do with my skills and personal qualities. I love the burrowing in of fall. It is, indeed, a time to get organized, get busy, and honor the remaining months of the year. The question “what can we change?” is a get driving force. I’ve come to really enjoy these Tarot card posts – a totally new way to explore for me.

• September 11, 2013 at 17:59

I am very happy that you find such help within my posts Judy πŸ™‚
      And the winter is a great time to undertake projects, be they personal development or physically making something, the long dark nights, the warmth of a house all add up to give us the right conditions to do something of use πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2013 at 17:29

Hi Louise, I’m enjoying your posts. I do definitely feel a pull toward assessing skills and creating change. Not sure yet what it will all mean…

• September 11, 2013 at 18:01

Hello Susan! Yes, the pull is there, as Louise Edington says in her post, this week it’s all about what is within. πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2013 at 20:48

Thank you for sharing this card today, Louise. It helps to know that the attraction I have felt toward old skills makes sense and that this might be a good time to explore it a bit. You rock! (Yeah, I intended that pun, but I felt it necessary to point it out, so I must not have had faith in it…)

• September 11, 2013 at 21:51

*LOL* Oh, Don, you make me smile my dear! Great to see you posting and connecting again πŸ™‚
      And yes, I intend on learning how to make a patchwork comforter / over-quilt this winter, especially now I have the sewing machine working πŸ˜€

• September 11, 2013 at 20:55

I love what you wrote about practice – I find myself not releasing anything because it is not yet perfect and then I throw it to the wayside and never complete it. I think I have about 50 projects (at least) like that. Perhaps I just need to go back to those and use the skills I’ve obtained since tossing them and make them fresh! And then just release them BEFORE they are perfect!

• September 11, 2013 at 21:52

Laura, what’s perfect to you will be awesome to someone else and more than suitable for either their needs or yours. Don’t be so picky honey! πŸ˜‰

• September 11, 2013 at 21:22

Hi Louise,
    I love the fall! And I’ve just began my online American poetry course. I’ve also started writing a short story that I want to give to my hubby for his bday and also send it off to a writing contest. Hopefully this is a good time to work on it. πŸ™‚

• September 11, 2013 at 21:53

The creative parts of everyone seem to be exploding! I’ve been adding to my little story already. I might convert it to a PDF and use it as a reward for my newsletter sign up πŸ˜‰
      Hey, thanks for that idea, Karo! I hadn’t thought of that until I replied πŸ˜€

• September 12, 2013 at 03:17

Wonderful to read that now is a good time to start projects – desperately trying to get the second book done!

• September 12, 2013 at 07:15

You’ll get there – be structured and have fun! Now, what’s the first book? πŸ™‚

• September 13, 2013 at 01:47

Always enjoy your point of view Louise. Much to chew on, and yes there are a slew of projects that need organizing and completion. One is more time with my astronumerology. I love it and don’t give it enough time because somewhere in my head I think its a luxury.

• September 13, 2013 at 07:26

It might be a luxury, but it’s a great one, Jen! Time to change the mindset and get in with it πŸ™‚
      Loving your blog in return – so glad we connected via the group πŸ™‚

• September 14, 2013 at 00:16

I am planning on increasing my astro knowledge and skills and also my writing skills. I have a busy winter planned!

• September 14, 2013 at 08:21

And I hope you’ll be sat in front of that log fire doing all that learning Louise! πŸ™‚

• September 15, 2013 at 05:38

Interesting. Hone up on skills and maybe learn new ones. What is in the offing?

Julieanne Case
    Always from the heart!

Reconnecting you to your Original Blueprint, Your Essence, Your Joy| Healing you from the Inside Out |Reconnective Healing | The Reconnection| Reconnective Art |

• September 15, 2013 at 08:18

We never really know but new skills are always handy – keeps us young πŸ™‚

Content Protected Using Blog Protector By: PcDrome.
%d bloggers like this: