Wildwood : 16th Jan 14 ~ Realign Midweek Post & vBlog

Our midweek post this week isn’t a storyboard, it demonstrates a typical three card reading and this week, in order to realign myself, I’ve drawn a Mind, Body and Spirit set of three.

My head, body and spirit are out of kilter this week and since this is my blog, I’m taking advantage of the ability to read for myself (some folks can’t, which is fine ๐Ÿ™‚ ) and sharing the cards I drew in a Mind, Body & Spirit context. I also chatted with two folks in this industry, a friend from way across the pond, in helping me get my head sorted out.

youtube

I finally raised my head above myself and start building a bridge, when I was very recently sent sympathies for suffering from PND via a private conversation with someone who I’d love to meet and like so many people involved in the Tarot world, I have yet to meet. However, I digress. I was a bit like Voldermort at the end of Harry Potter, hiding under a bench, half dead. I was given sympathy and I responded very quickly with: Ach no, it’s no PND…. really, I’m fine! It’s x, y and z…. When in truth, a defence mechanism had ย kicked in. ย I got angry, then I got scared…. someone had figured out my wee secret! How?! I’ve never met this old crone, though we’ve spoken frankly in private numerous times! How come they saw through my faรงade (okay, it wasn’t a very good brave face really, was it?) ย when others around me haven’t? Or if they have, they’ve held their whist and kept the peace?

Then it dawned on me. I was lying to myself, to my family. No, I’ve not been to the doctors since my 6 week check for PND… I’ve seen them for other things, not this. Well, no more lying! Then something else happened that I don’t want to elaborate on, but this is where my distant friend spoke good common sense. I realised 24 hours later, I have no control over this “something else” and I should really just build a bridge and get over it. The problem I perceive is of my making and may not have any grain of my truth about it.

So, whilst my body is now properly healing from the fantastic events of February last, it’s time with this cold, howling, Cancer Moon to sort out my mind and spirit and bring it all back into one place and space. The Tardis has nothing on me in this regard! :laughing:

realign
Nine of Vessels
Generosity
challenge
Major 20
The Great Bear
shine
Major 19
The Sun of Life

The first card is my Mind: I need to be generous with my thoughts and more positive with it. Not something I’ve been feeling for a while. ย I need to find time to meditate and chill out. Work out that yoga class and get on with it. ย Body: The major challenge and boundaries are now set, I will no more put my body through child-birth (3 is more than enough, I promise!) and I must not judge myself for how I look (think of the lady in The World card, even if I am being modest!) Spirit: Let is shine! And with that,ย this song comes into my head. Thanks lads, my theme song for 2014 has just been found. It’s time to banish the blues and let my light and Spirit shine.

My head is my own, no other psyche was harmed in the making of this blog post. And if, like me, you need some sound advice, you can always book your personal and privateย reading here.

As always, I’ve used The Wildwood by John Matthews and illustrated by Will Worthington.ย

Comments

1. Ellen January 16, 2014 at 11:09

It is like Dr Phil always says. You cannot change what you don’t acknowledge. My dear Louise I wish you well and a smooth recovery from this ailment. I know from experience how confusing things might seem right now but I am sure there is a “sunny” future for you ahead
    Hugs

• Louise January 16, 2014 at 13:00

I don’t know who Dr Phil is, but he’s right! I have to acknowledge it so I can recover from it. Things are confusing but they’ll get better – The Sun card tells me so ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Judy Stone-Goldman January 16, 2014 at 15:05

Louise, Sorry to hear you’ve been suffering physical ailments – perhaps you’ve mention them before, but your strength always comes through your posts so I don’t retain thoughts about your difficulties. I was interested in your saying that you can read for yourself although some people can’t. I think so often it is hard to see for ourselves what others can see for us — thus therapists need therapists, too! Sometimes in my writing I can get to what I need within myself, and sometimes I need the wisdom and guidance of others to find that internal balance. Wishing you relief from what ails you and joy ahead!

• Louise January 16, 2014 at 16:04

Judy, totally appreciate your comments and yes, therapists needs therapists too! But it’s nice when we can help ourselves ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Kimba January 16, 2014 at 15:19

Banish the blues, I know this can be easier said than done. Sounds like you are on the right path. Maybe look for just one miracle each day to get you through.

• Louise January 16, 2014 at 16:06

Hi Kimba and thanks for stopping by! One miracle every day? I get one a day from each of the children, it’s Galen me a while to reopen my eyes to see it, but I am getting there, slowly ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Joanne January 16, 2014 at 21:54

Ah, that’s what’s felt wrong for this long time. I felt like you had lost something but couldn’t put my finger on it. Yes, help will help. So glad you are allowing support to happen. This will pass, as you know, but for some, it takes a bit of assistance to pull out of the thing, and it is in your body and not “just your mind.” Big hugs from across the pond!

Dr. Phil is a popular psychologist here in the States who has done many transformative sessions with people on television. He’s actually very down to earth and pretty wise most of the time. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Louise January 16, 2014 at 23:33

Yes, its hard to help someone who doesn’t even know they need the help. Sometimes, every body hurts (rem?) But until the patient acknowledges it, you can’t treat them.

Thanks for the heads up about Dr Phil… Sounds like a celeb with his head screwed on – which makes a change ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hugs back Joanne, and thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Holly January 17, 2014 at 05:39

Thank you for sharing your reading with us. I found it useful for me too ๐Ÿ™‚

• Louise January 17, 2014 at 07:13

Good morning Holly! I’m glad you found the reading helpful – the Tarot can be quite a powerful self help tool ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Arwen January 17, 2014 at 13:34

Having never given birth, I’ve ever suffered from PND. But I know it is a nasty bugger so good for you for acknowledging. You are a precious gift so I’m really glad you id’d it. Now kick its bloody arse!

• Louise January 17, 2014 at 13:37

Aww bless you Arwen, thank you honey!!

It’s a slow process Arwen, but thanks to another reader (who, like you, I’ve never met!) now I’ve been made to acknowledge it, I can slowly chip away at it until like a big chunk of ice, it’s melted away ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Olivia January 17, 2014 at 14:59

Oh, dear, I wish you so much strength and light. I’m right there with you in so many ways (3 kids, impact on body, etc) and I know what you mean. It’s an going process, really, with so many constant adjustments to how we feel, what we think, what we want, what we’re already grateful for. And you know, sleep is not overrated!! It’s powerful that you found the courage to confront your PND. So I send you positive energy to amplify that Sun and 9 Vessels…hugs!

• Louise January 17, 2014 at 16:25

Oh thank you Olivia! It was like a bath full of dirty water that I’d not let out and just ignoring – not great but now I’ve peaked behind that shower curtain…. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Helen March 2, 2014 at 06:19

What a great reading, I think I need to do one of these for myself. I do hope you feel much better very very soon.

• Louise March 5, 2014 at 07:11