celebrate

Wishing Upon A Star this Yuletide

It’s the Tarot Blog Hop & it’s the last one for 2017.
Err, where’s the year gone?!

It’s Yuletime & it’s the darkest part of the year. From now on, the light starts to return. Though we probably won’t notice it for a few weeks, I know my feathered egglaying pets will!

Blog Before Mine | Master Link | The Blog After Mine

The wrangler for this hop is Ania Marczyk asked this of us:Wishing on a Star. As we approach the final festival of the calendar year, we prepare for a time of feasting and drinking. Whether you are observing Yule, the winter solstice, Christmas, any other holiday, or just being able to down tools for a few days, it is a time for celebration and also for anticipation and wishes. With this in mind and before you fling yourself headlong into the spirit of seasonal over-indulgence, take a moment to reflect on what this year has brought you and what you wish for the next year to bring.

Which card(s) best represent or celebrate your past year and which best represent your wishes for the year ahead. You can either select the cards you think fit best or draw them randomly and see what the Tarot thinks.”
I decided to show you what cards I think suit the approaching festival of the year. Though, by the time this blog post goes live to match the others, the height of Yule will have passed.  So, to celebrate here’s what I think the Wildwood has to offer.
celebrateThe Hooded Man; the darker nights give way to wintery conditions. Though, the worst of it has passed us now, this scene was pretty much all I could see for miles around for a few days.  I just missed an actual person wearing a holly covered dark cloak with a big walking stick in the snow-covered nature reserve! Maybe I should have been wishing harder for this!! *grin*

celebrate

The 4 of bows is what most of us hope to encounter over the Christmas / Yuletide period. There are moments though when it’s more like the 5 of Swords/Arrows, but hey, that’s family for you! I’m going to be avoiding most of the conflicts this year, we’re staying home with the kids: just us, the cat, the dog, the dozen chickens & the fish that need tending to.
So this Yuletide, what is it you WANT to have happen around you? The 4 of Bows or the 5 of Arrows? What is it you are wishing for this Yuletide / Christmas Time?

After the presents are opened, it’s going to be more Hermit mode for everyone!

I wonder what others have thought up for the blog hop? Let’s go & see what Asali has in her blog hop. Follow the links!

Blog Before Mine | Master Link | The Blog After Mine

ion

Comments

1. Joy Vernon December 21, 2017 at 21:59

Well, it’s certainly nice to be dancing around the fire inside when it’s all Hermity/wintery outside. Sounds like you’ve got more Christmas-y weather than we have. Here in Colorado we’ve had almost no snow at all, although in celebration of the season, the gods decided this morning to give us enough of a dusting to remind us of what we’re missing. Happy holidays!

• Louise December 21, 2017 at 22:02

We had about 10 inches last this time last week! Sledging with the kids (mainly the daughter, because she still thinks going sledging with mum is fun!) & I thoroughly enjoyed myself! The dog though, poor old thing, was quite glad to get indoors again thank you very much!
      I hope you & yours have a great holiday Joy! <3

2. Arwen December 21, 2017 at 22:12

It’s just dingy here in New Mexico. Grey skies. No snow. No rain. Just grey

• Louise December 21, 2017 at 22:15

eugh!! It’s milder here now, but temperatures are due to go down again this weekend. Bring it on I say! 😉
      May you & yours have a great Yuletide/Christmas & a brilliant 2018!

3. Traci Goodrich December 21, 2017 at 22:27

I am doing winter solstice readings with clients today and spending time with my immediate family this evening. I try to take the holidays moment to moment. Our evening will probably involve playing games and going for a family walk to look at holiday lights. But, that’s my wish. I can easily see how the 5 of Wands can come in as others cast their vote on activities!

• Louise December 22, 2017 at 10:43

That sounds ideal! You’ve just given me an idea, which I need to jot down before it slips out of my head *forever* Thank you lovely! <3
      I hope you & yours have a great Christmas Holiday with those that you love. More 4 of Wands than 5 of Arrows!

4. Karen December 21, 2017 at 23:28

Stay at home Christmases are the best! Have a great one! 🙂

• Louise December 22, 2017 at 10:45

They can be great & the others DO require me to engage the diplomacy module. :O
      Hope you have a great one, without the need for tipples being splatted over technology! :O

5. Asali December 22, 2017 at 00:36

I’m definitely ensuring it’ll be the 4 of Bows and yeah that means staying away from the bulk of bio family stuff and ensuing drama. Chosen family, friends, and community will be my companions and or mish-mash gatherings work just right for us!

Hope you have a 4 of Bows kind of celebration!

• Louise December 22, 2017 at 10:46

Yes, that’s the intention I tell you! <3
      May your intentions be fulfilled this holiday season!

6. Ania December 22, 2017 at 08:57

All I can think about now is shooting flying goats :/
    Christmas here is always a mixed bag of huge extended family gatherings interspersed with battening down the hatches and pulling up the drawbridge with the immediate family. I like it that way 🙂

• Louise December 22, 2017 at 10:48

Haha! Yes, avoiding the goats & not getting shot by any rouge comments is certainly on the cards! May you avoid that too!
      Merry Christmas to you & yours!

7. Casper December 22, 2017 at 13:22

Yay! The 4 of Bows is a beautiful card <3 I love staying in so I hope you'll enjoy it too hahaha.

• Louise December 22, 2017 at 14:40

Oh trust me, with the 4 kids (including the one I married!) we’ll enjoy it too! 😀

8. M. Juniper December 23, 2017 at 04:20

4 of Bows please! Just the other week I was stuck indoors for days…heaviest snow in 10 years (and really not that much) and couldn’t get down the hill or up if I tried in a car due to the ice. First winter! It was sorta fun as I could blame staying indoors and hibernating on the weather! Enjoy!

• Louise December 23, 2017 at 15:45

Oh, where were you in the World to get snow? Not the UK by chance? But yes, 4 of Bows is SO needed this year! Had too many 5 of Arrows in Christmas’ past… :O 🙂
      Have a good one M & may it be 4 of Bows for you too! 🙂