Wildwood CotD : Major #17 ~ The Pole Star

Today the Pole Star comes out to join us, and like the Wanderer coming out of the darkened forest to the bright lights of the stars that now swirl all around him, realisation dawns.

Card of the Day
Major 17 ~ The Pole Star
Card of the Day

I feel that it should be something epic that I finally understand but in truth, I just feel calmer, as if someone’s turned the light on and is leaving me to work out what I am now seeing and feeling

I get that the Pole Star is representing / talking about Universal Law, that what you send out comes back to you three-fold. It could be manifesting on an individual level or permeating through a web of circumstances in which we find ourselves. Like the Dog Star from songs, Sirius, we’re guided by a bright light in the sky, it’s a guide, a way to . Often I have stared up at the stars and wondered “What secrets are you holding? What can’t you tell me but that I need to know?”

The truth is, the answer(s) lie within, they are always within, but sometimes we need a higher guidance to realise the inner knowledge and have the inspiration that we need to get through the forthcoming journey. Here’s a great thought for the day and from the book: Remember that the same laws and primal matter that bind the Pole Star and fuel its giant heart also formed you.

Comments

1. Cat Dubh September 13, 2012 at 11:46

Enjoyed reading your post Louise. This, as you probably know, is one of my favourite cards of all time. I like your take on it. Many thanks and many blessings, Cat

• Louise September 13, 2012 at 12:49

You’re most welcome Cat πŸ™‚
      Blessings to you too my dear!

2. Joanne September 13, 2012 at 17:23

**waves** Hi, Louise! One of my very favorites in the Wildwood deck here. I love the idea of the stars as guidance, and totally agree with their conclusion. We are, indeed, star stuff. Keep shining!

• Louise September 13, 2012 at 20:15

Aww, thank you for the kind strokes, Joanne! Bless you honey and thanks awfully for reading regularly!

3. Jess September 13, 2012 at 20:09

I like both the card and your way of describe them. I have put this deck at my wishlist. I like the witchy/pagan way to look at card, my deck I use most right know is the Witched Tarot by Ellen Dugan. That is a deck that also has a magic touch to the card and the symbols. Blessed Be

4. Louise September 13, 2012 at 20:17

I’ve heard about that deck, and seen a few images Jess, but not got it myself yet. I’m not in a position to be adding to my collection right now, but perhaps later on! I have Ellen Cannon-Reeds, Witches Tarot, which I quite like πŸ™‚

Thanks for reading and commenting Jess πŸ™‚

5. Catherine Green September 13, 2012 at 20:35

This struck a chord today, thank you! Very appropriate at this time.

• Louise September 13, 2012 at 21:25

You’re most welcome Catherine! Blessings to you today and for this coming weekend πŸ™‚

6. Chloe September 14, 2012 at 04:34

Hi Louise,
    Another lovely and inspiring post. I’ve always liked the idea that we are all made of stardust πŸ˜‰

Also, I’ve been totally useless about letting people know, as I’m feeling particularly lacking in energy right now. However, I nominated you for a Super Sweet Blogging Award. Details are here: http://innerwhisperscouk.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/super-sweet-blogging-award.html
    Have a lovely weekend!
    ChloΓ«

• Louise September 14, 2012 at 11:02

Chloe, that is really kind of you my dear and totally unexpected!!
      I hope your energy levels return sooner rather than later and that you manage to get some rest this weekend… though, with the kids, we might not!

Blessings honey and thank you again! <3