Wildwood Answers: 30 Day Challenge ~ Day 23

We’re within sight now of the end of this challenge. Hasn’t there been some great challenges already! I’ve really had to think about some of the answers and explore a little of myself in the process. Today’s question is this: What question do you most often ask the deck (or, ask on behalf of another)?

Page of Vessels
Page of Vessels

One of the most insightful questions you can ask any Tarot deck, I feel, is an open ended question. “What do I need to know?” is a great one. “Will s/he come back?” isn’t a great one, for you may well not like the answer if your heart is set on the outcome being “yes”, and it’s a closed question. The Tarot is rather unforgiving in yes/no answers. Here’s another similar one that I know a lot of Readers get asked: “I’ve not heard from X in 6 months… Will s/he come back?”  Honestly, sweetie, if they’ve not contacted you in 6 months, a year or longer, you don’t need a Tarot reader to say “no”. However, I feel you need to work out why you won’t let them go, why you’re holding onto the miserable baggage of the past. Ask the Tarot that question then go and live your life and make yourself a new dream. You’re worth it!

Someone asked me the other day in a group I’m on within Google+, “What’s fabulous about you?” and it was about me, as an individual, not as the Chairperson of TABI, not as a Tarot Reader, mother, wife, chief, cook, bottle washer… Plain old, pregnant, me. It took me a while to work out an answer I was personally happy with. Organised, was the word I came up with, for I can be organised. From the blog post the other day, you can see that there were many replies to the question about what card would personally suit me. In this question and context, the Page of Cups was certainly more fitting than the Queen!

So today, combing Bedivere and the Otter, be playful, honest and if you’re hesitant, ask both of these characters for help and assistance.

Comments

1. Donald J. Decker January 23, 2013 at 15:31

I love the take away at the end of this post! It seems to me that the admonition to be playful and honest is a powerfully simple recipe to a happy life.

• Louise January 24, 2013 at 18:36

It’s almost child-like, isn’t it, Donald? Sometimes, the simplest way is the best 🙂
      Just, reminding people of that is the trickiest part of life!

2. Marieme January 23, 2013 at 20:32

Great perspective! I think sometimes people want to get confirmation for an external party before they can really let go or somehow be comforted 🙂 I like the idea of the open-ended questions as they probably provide more insights.Thank you for sharing!

• Louise January 23, 2013 at 20:46

Hi Marieme 🙂 I think some people do want the confirmation, but then there are others who want you to tell them when to eat, sleep, to have you tell them that they can still live in the past.

There’s using the Tarot to help, and there’s using the Tarot to rule your life in every aspect. 🙂

3. Judy Stone-Goldman January 24, 2013 at 01:27

I’m so new to Tarot cards I don’t know what the different cards represent. But it seems that people who want to be given instruction in detail aren’t using them to their best benefit. It’s like writing to understand yourself better–you have to be open to getting direction and imagery that will take you deeper into yourself. It’s intriguing!

• Louise January 24, 2013 at 18:34

Yep! Some people do like to use the Tarot to direct their very breathing! Like anything else, being directed can get addicted. The trick as a Reader is spotting that and preventing it from happening as best you can. 🙂

4. Arwen January 26, 2013 at 17:58