Wildwood CotD : Queen of Stones ~ Bear

The Queen of Stones comes out to join us today. She’s the practical one, the nurturer, the food and shelter finder. What can she add to our day? Come and find out in my Tarot corner that is,  The Wildwood.

Queen of Stones
The Queen of Stones
Bear

I made a prediction last week that hasn’t been proven. To be honest, I should have known better, but I am not sure who is more excited about the impending birth. The children I have already, grand-parents or the parents who are all now eagerly awaiting the birth of our first and turns out, only daughter. (No, no more children after this!)

As far as the Queen of Stones is concerned, Stones from this deck equate to Pentacles or Coins in others, so we’re talking house, job, money, cleaning, cooking: the practical mother. I wonder exactly what she’s hinting at today. I dare not predict or hint at anything, but as far as having things ready for the baby’s arrival, we’re all organised and as ready as we’re ever going to be.

The only thing we need to do now is wait. Is patience a skill that the Queen of Stones has? On the basis that bears hibernate, I would say that patience is one of her skills. The house is now totally quiet, the eldest two children are now on their half term holiday and away with family members. What would the Queen of Stones do with a very quiet, child free house? Probably find a nice comfortable spot and curl up to snooze and wait for the impending arrival.

Marrying up the Queen of Stones and Cundrie, what do we have in combination for today? The abilities to be honest and practical come to mind, as well as going with the flow and having patience. After all, good things come to those who wait!

Comments

1. Marieme February 20, 2013 at 16:56

Thank you for sharing! Just a thought , the queen can also surrender to what is 🙂

• Louise February 20, 2013 at 19:08

I hadn’t thought of the Queen of Stones like that, but yes, accepting that things are the way they are and you can’t change them, might help! Nicely thought of, Marieme, thank you 🙂

2. Joanna February 20, 2013 at 19:01

Congratulations! I didn’t realize there were different tarrot decks.

• Louise February 20, 2013 at 19:11

Thousands Joanna, literally thousands 🙂
      You can see some images of some of the ones here: http://www.priestesstarot.co.uk/decks/
      But I don’t list all the decks I have, which is not quite 10% of what is available out there. There is a deck for everyone, of that I am sure 🙂

3. Judy Stone-Goldman February 20, 2013 at 19:19

This card and interpretation are soothing to me, as I like to take care of practical matters. As for patience and accepting the flow, these are qualities I value and try to cultivate.

• Louise February 20, 2013 at 19:43

and they’re not so easy to cultivate, are they Judy, the patience and accepting of the flow of life. I’ve been so impatient of late (still am!) for this birth, I’m sending myself crazy I think! 🙂

4. Susan Berland February 20, 2013 at 20:00

Congratulations on a daughter. I have two sons, two grandsons. Both my daughter-in-law and I didn’t want to risk a third son so we never had a girl. I so wanted one too. It wasn’t meant to be for me. Patience has not been my strong suit but I’m getting better at it as I get older.

• Louise February 20, 2013 at 20:15

I’m Pisces Sun with my Moon in Gemini: Patience was never (and isn’t) in my birth chart, as Louise Eddington will testify! 🙂

I always knew I’d have 3 children (written in my palms) but if it were 3 boys, it was 3 boys. So very lucky and blessed to be having a girl – just want her to show up soon 🙂