20th July : Bully Richness

This week, The Bull from the lovely Druid Craft Animal Oracle comes out to join us. If we’re looking for richness, financial gain or for things to improve in general, the time has come to make it all happen.

image The Bull is a symbol of wealth, so if you were thinking about work, it’s auspicious to draw this card or come across this post. However, true wealth is really found within: the heart and soul. Our ancestors understood that. Perhaps we still do, though the Governments of our time would have you believe working 50 hours a week to earn a decent wage is better. (Can you see that tongue poking into the side of my cheek? *grin* )

The Bull is also a sign of fertility, potency, prosperity and abundance. However, they’re not over night success stories, they involve hard work and time. Two things that often these days, don’t go together. It’s like the 8 of Discs / Pentacles. Repetition, repetition, repetition. You keep putting in the hard work until success strikes and you get the richness (8 of Wands to 9 of Pentacles, anyone?)

Richness isn’t just financial, as I said above, but that’s how many folks equate success these days. It’s no wonder why people become drained or depressed, or that the banks have such control. However, the Bull and his energy can help you.

We’ve all heard of the “bull in a china shop” mentality, but that is said to people who are motivated far more than the people saying the phrase. Okay, the high energy levels are exhausting, but this isn’t a marathon. This is a sprint. It’s a bit of extra energy and oomph to get things done. I must have said this phrase a lot recently, it was even written down at the latest Tarot evening. It’s time to get off your arse and do something about your situation. Nothing will change if you sit there and whine, moan and complain. People will just start ignoring you, like the boy who cried wolf.

I’ve used The Druidcraft Animal Oracle for the “Week Ahead” post, just in case you were interested.

Comments

1. Ellen July 21, 2014 at 09:56

This card is very similar to the rune fehu. So symbols are truly universal.
    “Getting of you arse” That is when the magic starts happening:)

• Louise July 22, 2014 at 22:33

Yes, it does have that ring about it. I have to admit, my knowledge of the Runes is lacking. I might pack a book or download an eBook about them for holiday 😉
      And getting off your arse is getting to be essential these days!! 🙂

Glad you dropped by again, Ellen! I wonder why I’m not notified of your blog??

• Ellen July 23, 2014 at 08:55

I haven’t the faintest idea! I haven’t heard this from anyone else
        If you want to be sure you get notifications try Bloglovin’ or else follow me by email
        I hope you will find a satisfying solution

• Louise July 23, 2014 at 12:27

I shall have a look later on again, I have it book marked but not getting notified through blogger, despite me telling it. Shall investigate further 🙂

2. Michele Harvey July 22, 2014 at 22:52

Yes, real richness truly does come from within and true that life is a one day at a time, here and now proposition (a sprint, not a marathon.) By changing the way we feel about things, we can then do the necessary work to change them. It all starts from the inside out.

• Louise July 22, 2014 at 22:59

It does, but sometimes, we just need a swift kick and The Bull is good at doing that 🙂
      Thanks for stopping by, Michele 🙂

3. Susan Cooper July 22, 2014 at 23:33

People will be able to leave the depression and the drain of trying to get “rich” behind when the realize, as you said, a rich life can come from so many things other than money. Use that bullish energy to do what you love – richness will follow.

• Louise July 23, 2014 at 12:25

Money is what drives us and it has its uses, but when it becomes your sole focus… Your soul goes and hides. Least from my experience 🙂

4. Jacqueline Gum (Jacquie) July 23, 2014 at 12:59

I love reading about these beautiful cards and their meanings! How true that richness resides inside. Perhaps that is where the saying is derived, “follow your passion, do what you love and the money will follow:) Do you do private readings? If so please contact me at jacquie@jacquelinegum.com

• Louise July 24, 2014 at 22:46

Hi Jacqueline 🙂 Yes, I do, I’ll drop you an email and you could be right about the saying and how it’s derived 🙂

5. Laurie Hurley July 26, 2014 at 20:22

I think I am a bull in a china shop these days as I have been very active in my business to take it up to the next level. It’s exhausting, I must say, but satisfying too to look to the future for the benefits of my efforts now. Whew!

• Louise July 27, 2014 at 11:28

I can imagine how much work that is, Laurie, but it’s not forever! It’s a sprint, not a marathon 🙂
      The “Next Level” sounds interesting 🙂

6. Sue Hines July 31, 2014 at 00:45

Love your thoughts on this. I agree, the Bull is about Energy, about decisive action. The second zodiac sign, Taurus, gives us some insights here. It is about energy connects with something!

• Louise July 31, 2014 at 11:34

It is about connecting to that energy and knowing the Bull, it’ll be a shock to the recipient’s ☺

7. Catherine Green August 13, 2014 at 11:46

I only just read this post Louise (playing email catch-up as always!), but it resonates. So many of your blog readings do. I am taking time to reconnect spiritually, as I feel like during the past eighteen months I have drifted too far into the ‘real’ world and have become overwhelmed with the instructions that I must earn money and work hard in order to be something. I work hard, but I do not receive recognition or payment. My work is being a mother and wife. Two very important roles that our still patriarchal society chooses to demean and ignore. Regardless of this, I am content with my role, and have decided to focus on doing what makes me happy, instead of what I am told to do by the wider world. Have a lovely holiday!