Wildwood : Dodging Them Tricky Hurdles

This week, I feel there’s a lot of dodging to be done, some hurdles to jump and basically, sharp pointy things to avoid.

Life I think, is an obstacle course. Only, it’s not a straight line, you don’t know what obstacles are coming or what you’re supposed to do with them. Keep a bean bag on your head? My five-year old can do that. Jump like a kangaroo for 10 meters? Yep, he won that race, because they’d practised and he knew what to do.

dodging
Five of Arrows
Frustration

Life isn’t a rehearsal, it’s not something you can practice, like the sack race. We have to do the best we can at the time, hope we’ve dodged the necessary arrows and bullets. This feeling of flying through the air, for me, shows up in this card.

The goat is dodging the arrows, somehow. Either the archer isn’t very good, or the goat just has an advantage of moving fast! He could also be restless, unable to sit still and stick out a project. Or avoid a few crocodile pits and get the job done.

The questions this coming week, are varied.

What do you wish to avoid? What Do you need to avoid? Whom do you need to avoid? What situations require that you actually just jump over them and not engage? What will you be setting your sights on? I ask that, because that goat is focused on getting to the other side, jumping to safety. He’s not just jumping through the air for fun: or is he? Those arrows declare that he’s not, but this goat might be an adrenaline junkie! (How mad is that thought??)

I’ve got all the adrenaline I need, dodging the life my self-made minions throw at me! I love them all dearly, don’t get me wrong, but the amount of arrows they can throw at me!! Sheesh, I do feel like I’m jumping through hoops, or dancing over arrows that are aimed at tripping up mum! Perhaps I ought to turn them around? Hmm… interesting thoughts!

This week, I’ve used the Wildwood Tarot and if you’d like your own personal reading, you can book yours here.

Comments

1. Ellen June 29, 2015 at 12:19

Hi Louise!
    I like it how you interpret this card from the viewpoint of the goat. I’ve never thought of that. Most often I see myself missing my aim.

• Louise June 29, 2015 at 16:23

Ah, the blessings of the Tarot my dear Ellen: You can be either! The question is, whom do YOU see yourself, as? I personally, am the Goat. Jumping over every hurdle life throws at me. Occasionally, life will snag me down, but not often! 🙂

2. David Humphreys June 29, 2015 at 16:23

It reminds me of Shakespeares Hamlet…

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
    Whether ’tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
    The Slings and Arrows of outrageous fortune,
    Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
    And by opposing, end them

• Louise June 29, 2015 at 16:25

Now, Hamlet was never a play I could get my head into! It took and age for Much Ado, but I got right into MacBeth… Wonder why? Thanks for that David, I’d much rather be the goat. 🙂

• David Humphreys June 29, 2015 at 16:28

Your welcome Louise…

I suspect that in that quote Hamlet IS the goat.

• Louise June 30, 2015 at 17:08

Doesn’t he go insane at the end? 🙂

3. Catherine Green June 30, 2015 at 09:23

I would rather be the goat too, Louise! I am currently taking a chance and leaping right into the onslaught as I fight to have my books recognized, read and enjoyed in the wider world. But I never stop smiling, and I never give up, much like our friend the goat. We must keep moving until we reach our destination, or goal, or whatever we plan to achieve. And then find a new target! Keeps life interesting…

• Louise June 30, 2015 at 17:09

Interesting… that about fits your blonde vamp too 😉